First off, I am not a photographer, nor am I all that gifted in the ways of visual design. I DO, however, enjoy taking pictures, and I want to take better ones. There are only so many staring straight ahead, standing up, shoulder-height snapshots one can take of one's children. Or one's dog. Or of one's self in one's rearview mirror with one's iPhone. (Just kidding about that last one - one should never do that, no matter how tempted one is...) I'd rather my good pictures be born out of skill rather than luck.
In taking this class, I'm hoping to learn to take better pictures: how to frame my subjects, adjust my manual settings more quickly, and take fewer pictures that are all keepers versus taking 100's of pictures to get that one that works. I also hope to learn more about getting the most out of the equipment I have. Of course there are a couple of lenses I covet and hope to purchase some day, but I really want to learn as much as I can about the ones I already have. And what the heck is TTL or a slave flash??
Another part of the better picture process is post-production. I have been using Lightroom 4 since September, but by no means am I anything more than a novice user. I have a couple of books, and the good friend who was responsible for sending me down the DSLR path, who gave me a basic tutorial to get me started, but there is so much I have yet to try. I'm just looking forward to this class.
No comments:
Post a Comment